With the aid of an arbitrary external software you can generate an AVI or MPEG file too. Ideal to do that is the open source application MEncoder. FCM provides a built-in user interface for this program. Download it separately here. To use it just let FCM know the path to its binary file. Creating clips and all other things are described in detail in FCM's user manual of course.
- Creation of Mandelbrot pictures
- Creation of Julia pictures
- Zooming in and out
- Adjusting of all image parameters
- Adjusting of colors
- Creation of animations
- moving the plane
- adjusting colors
- manipulation of Julia set's c-parameter
- No installation necessary, unpacking the ZIP file is sufficient
- User interface and manual complete in English and German
- ChaosPro (www.chaospro.de):
Enormous functionality, most different fractal algorithms.
- Fractalizer (www.fractalizer.de):
Creates only Mandelbrot sets, but with the best image quality of all fractal generators known to me.
- Fractint (www.fractint.org):
The classic fractal generator, user interface needs getting used to nowadays because it is not graphical but text based.
- XaoS (xaos.sf.net):
Different fractal algorithms, zooms into the images in real time!